Without the risk, there is no reward.
We invest in early-stage, high-growth companies developing technologies with outstanding prospects for today's global healthcare market.
We fund transformative opportunities in under-ventured markets within the UK and the US. We partner with leading universities and research institutions to strengthen the funding ecosystem for the most talented entrepreneurs.
We invest in all areas of health technology and life science including biotechnology, medical devices, pharmaceuticals, personalized medicine and diagnostics, as well as healthcare IT and services.
Seeking Outstanding Early-Stage Investment Opportunities in the Life Science Industry.
We target transformative opportunities launched in under-ventured regions of the UK and US where there are strong research institutions and a developing ecosystem of talent and capital. We place a particular emphasis upon innovations spun out of universities. We invest in all areas of health science including biotechnology, medical devices and pharmaceuticals, personalized medicine and diagnostics, as well as healthcare IT and services. Epidarex seeks entrepreneurs with the leadership skills to build companies that transform novel science or technologies into highly successful products and services. Specifically, we invest in management teams who are highly driven and tenacious problem solvers. Other key factors that are considered carefully include:
- Disruptive platform technologies that address large and unmet market needs.
- Products and services that offer a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Business models built to add value to the entire target industry.
- Broad pipelines of high value products deliverable to the patient or customer.
- Robust Intellectual Property portfolios (patents, trade secrets and “know how”).
- Diverse range of customers and strategic partners across the target industry.
- Prospective commercial partners and early evidence of market validation.
- Early traction and support from key opinion leaders and health practitioners.
- Clear regulatory (and where applicable, insurance reimbursement) strategies.
- Efficient use of capital.
- Equity valuation commensurate with risk and opportunity analyses.
- Potential for outstanding financial return.
We greatly welcome the opportunity to review business plans that match our investment strategy. Once you have made your submission, please note there is no need to contact us. We will review your information and contact you directly if your business meets our criteria.