without the risk, there is no reward
We invest in early-stage, high-growth companies developing technologies with outstanding prospects for today’s global healthcare market.
Our strategy and investment criteria
We identify and fund transformative life science opportunities in emerging and under-ventured research hubs within the US and UK. We often partner with leading universities and research institutions to provide much needed capital for their most innovative ideas.
Our aim is to build extraordinary companies that transform novel science into the next generation of highly successful drugs and medical devices.
As founding investors, we provide seed or Series A funds to spin out innovations from highly regarded medical research universities and institutions in the US and UK. The companies we build have a strong track record of attracting follow-on investment from top tier funds.
We invest in most areas of life science including biotechnology and pharmaceuticals, medical devices and health tech.
We are building a diverse portfolio of companies that are translating exciting science for the benefit of patients while generating exceptional returns to our investors.
Key factors that we consider in our evaluation include:
- Disruptive platform technologies that address large and unmet medical needs.
- Novel innovations that offer a sustainable competitive advantage.
- Future pipeline of high value products deliverable to the patient or customer.
- Robust Intellectual Property portfolios (patents, trade secrets and “know how”).
- Prospective commercial partners and early evidence of market validation.
- Early traction and support from key opinion leaders and health practitioners.
- Clear regulatory (and where applicable, insurance reimbursement) strategies.
- Efficient use of capital.
- Highly driven and tenacious founders and entrepreneurs.
- Potential for outstanding financial return and significant patient impact.
Business plan Submission
We would welcome the opportunity to review business plans that match our investment strategy. Please forward your materials to email@example.com to begin the process. Please note there is no need to contact us further. We will review your information and contact you directly if your business meets our criteria. Thank you.