Newhouse, United Kingdom, October 26, 2016 – Clyde Biosciences today announced the launch of a new service to serve the needs of its global pharma clients. CellOPTIQ®-X represents a revolution in contractility assays, offering:
- Early detection of contractility toxicities
- Higher throughput, cost-effective solution
- Reduction in animal requirements
- Accurate prediction of the human response
- Reduction in later stage attrition
Heart cell contractility is a sensitive indicator of toxic effects of drugs. Issues are commonly highlighted later on in drug development than would be ideal (in vivo/ex vivo animal testing). CellOPTIQ® -X has been designed to efficiently and cost effectively test for human contractility issues earlier, reducing animal usage and preventing later stage attrition.
Clyde’s CellOPTIQ® system captures and analyses up to 200 high resolution images per second, elucidating differential inotropic effects on contractile proteins. Developed on a 96-well format using iPS human cardiomyocytes, the assay has been shown to be predictive of the clinical setting accurately measuring the effects of the following inotropes;
- Negatives: Nifedipine, Itraconazole, Blebbistatin, Atenolol, Thapsigargin
- Positives: Isoproterenol, Pimobendan, Amrinone, BayK8644, Digoxin
For more information contact email@example.com
Download press release here.